A boiler is a complex piece of equipment. Although it can be incredibly durable, it will need some repairs at some point in its lifespan.

To avoid needing boiler repair services, be sure to keep up with annual maintenance appointments and/or call emergency boiler repair in Glasgow. That way, you can spot problems before they become too serious.


A leaking boiler is a serious issue that requires immediate attention. It can cause major damage to your boiler and the rest of your home if not repaired quickly, which can cost you a lot of money in the long run.

Water leaks are one of the most common issues with a boiler and can be caused by many different problems. Some of the most common causes are broken seals, corroded pipes and loose joints.

Another reason for a water leak is a clogged pressure release valve. If you see water dripping from your boiler pressure outlet, you can try to clear out the sediment that may be causing the problem by lifting the pressure relief lever for three to four seconds.

Low Pressure

Low boiler pressure is a common problem in older and less efficient systems. It doesn’t cause any immediate danger but it can have an effect on your boiler’s efficiency and lifespan, which is something you need to be aware of.

There are a few things you can do to fix low boiler pressure without calling in an engineer. The first thing is to make sure it’s not a water leak.

Then, find the filling loop under your boiler – this will look like a little hose with valves at each end. You’ll also see a small white cube, which will need to be turned.

Pilot Light

If you’re having trouble with your boiler’s pilot light, it could be a sign of more serious issues. If you notice that it’s not staying lit even after you relight it, you should call a professional to diagnose the issue.

Thermocouple malfunctions are a common cause of this problem. The thermocouple regulates the gas flow to your furnace or water heater by registering the heat coming from the pilot flame. If it registers that the flame isn’t hot enough, it cuts off the gas supply to your pilot light.

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless toxic gas that comes from furnaces, boilers, fireplaces and stoves that burn fuel. Even small leaks in these appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning to occupants of the home.

The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure are fatigue, headaches, dizziness, and nausea. Symptoms can also include vomiting and weakness or loss of coordination.